Wednesday, March 17, 2004

St. Patrick Day today, and the spring break is just 3 days away. Aki should play his Irish tin whistle for me today. =) If everybody can try to appreciate the essence of a culture better, the world would be a much better place. Also consider the endless Chief stuff on this campus- human beings are just poor and sadly ignorant creatures.

This Splendors of China's Forbidden city- The Glorious Reign of Emperor Qianlong [filedmuseum.org] exhibition at Field Museum seems very interesting.

Maybe also a Swan Lake by ABT [abt.org]! (My body is kind of heavy now and I hate it....)

Seems that taking one day off in spring break hanging out with my brother in Chicago and have some fun is not too bad for a hard- working ppl like me, hehe.

There's still some snow these 2 days in Urbana, but the green is coming, which is such a great comfort to me. Monday I talked to the new visiting grad student, and I do know what kind of mixing feelings I have for this little town- a place without green, without bumps, without rivers, without rocks in the earth, only endless corn field and depressing winter seasons. But you can always find something shining in some corner if you love the life and also have a sensitive heart. Life is hard, every place is the same, I guess. The place where you can get peace from, is your real hometown- I suppose that's somewhere deep in the heart.